- RESERVATIONS: All client bookings made by any written means (including emails) or verbal instructions are considered as confirmed at the time of receipt in our offices of the Holding Deposit. Should it be impractical for a written booking form to arrive at our offices prior to a client’s departure (e.g. in the case of last minute bookings made by telephone), receipt of payment by Direct Bank Transfer or any other arrangement mutually agreed constitutes acceptance of our Booking Conditions.
a) As a tailor-made tour operator, Cape Tours Limited provides local expertise and a booking service for its clients. Individual property reservation policies are set by each property you have booked and as such all booking terms & conditions are dictated by each individual property. Details can be found on each property website.
- PAYMENT: When making a booking LESS THAN 10 WEEKS prior to the departure date payment in full is required at the time of booking with cancellation terms below applying. When making a booking MORE THAN 10 WEEKS prior to departure a minimum non-refundable deposit of 20% (or as stipulated on our Invoice) is required upon receipt of our Invoice. The outstanding balance must be paid no less than 10 weeks before departure. In the event of payment not being received in full by the due date we reserve the right to cancel the arrangements made and levy charges as in Booking Condition 6 below. Reminder letters will not be sent.
- IF YOU WISH TO ALTER YOUR BOOKING: If you wish to alter your booking, we will do our best to help. An administration fee of £50 per person may be levied for each alteration made. If you wish to alter your booking within 6 weeks of departure cancellation charges may apply. In addition, any amendment charge levied by the relevant supplier will be payable by you.
- CANCELLATION: If a booking or part thereof is cancelled, we must receive written notice of the cancellation accompanied by a GP’s note where applicable, and the following charges will apply.
Period before scheduled departure during which we receive written notification – Cancellation charges as % of total costs
More than 55 days – Deposit
55 to 00 days – 100%
If your holiday or part thereof is cancelled after it has been paid in full, compensation is payable provided the cancellation has not been caused by Force Majeure or other reasons beyond our control such as technical problems or transport, closure or congestion of airports or changes to air schedules. In these Booking Conditions, “force majeure” means any event that we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid.
- CAR HIRE: We act only as introductory agents and shall not be held liable for any loss, damage or injury howsoever caused. Your contract is with the Hire Company operator whose terms and conditions are detailed on the contract signed on collection of the vehicle.
- DESCRIPTIONS: The descriptions in our literature are prepared in good faith and are believed to be accurate but we cannot be liable for the temporary or permanent unavailability of any resort facility not directly under our direct control.
- IF WE HAVE TO ALTER YOUR ACCOMMODATION: Every effort is made to maintain arrangements as booked but because they are planned many months in advance changes may occur for reasons which are totally beyond our control. Should it be necessary to change your accommodation we will endeavour but not undertake to provide a similar property in a comparable location and you will have the option of accepting or rejecting the new arrangements offered. We would always advise you of any changes at the earliest possible time explaining the reasons to you, and should you reject the new arrangements we will refund all monies paid for that property and shall not be liable for any further claims by you.
- THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation is reserved exclusively for the person named or numbered on the invoice. Certain standards of behaviour are expected from the various local communities and clients are requested to observe them. We reserve the right to terminate without compensation the holiday tenancy of any client whose behaviour is causing annoyance or damage to property or persons whether employees or other clients or property owners and their neighbours.
- We do not specialise in holidays for the disabled but we are happy to give advice about the suitability of particular accommodation and places for the disabled, elderly etc., but any advice given in this respect should be confirmed in writing if the special requirements are a material part of the booking.
- PROBLEMS: In the event of a problem the matter should be brought to the attention of the owner or reception and, if necessary, local management as soon as is practical. Most difficulties are quickly and easily remedied. Should however a problem persist the next step is to contact our local representative who will liaise on behalf of our client and if necessary, advise us in the UK. It is essential that this procedure is followed as overseas suppliers refuse to entertain any complaints which were not brought to their attention at the time, thus denying them the opportunity to investigate and remedy any deficiency. In the unlikely event of a problem remaining unresolved on return to the UK, and providing the above procedure has been followed, full details should be sent in writing to the following address to arrive not later than 7 days after the date of return to the UK. We will make the necessary enquiries and, whenever possible, respond fully within 21 days.
Cape Tours, 8 Powell Haven, Middleton, Milton Keynes MK10 9JT
- DISPUTES: In the event of any dispute our liability shall not exceed the charge for the relevant holiday accommodation provided. Any litigation will be subject to English Law.
- EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS: All holidays to Southern Africa are quoted either in SA Rand or US Dollars. Due to the volatility of the world exchange markets, we reserve the right to adjust your sale in the event of deterioration in the relevant exchange rate to the Pound. We will absorb an amount equivalent to 2% of the holiday price, which is affected by the exchange rate and excludes insurance premiums, and any amendment charges. Only an amount in excess of this 2% will be surcharged and if this means payment of more than 10% of the holiday price, you will be entitled to a full refund of all the money paid except for the insurance premium and deposit. Should you decide to cancel because of this you must exercise your right to do so in writing within 14 days from the issue date printed on the invoice. Because we are making certain financial commitments, as above we regret that we are not able to make reductions in the price should the value of the pound strengthen.
- FLIGHTS: Subject to increases: i.e. fuel taxes and surcharges, until full payment is received, and flights ticketed.
“Your Financial Protection
When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.”
“We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).”
“If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those
Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.”